KOTA TINGGI, May 24 — A company director lost RM167,050 after allegedly falling victim to a non-existent loan syndicate.
Kota Tinggi police chief Supt Yusof Othman said police received a report yesterday from the 36-year-old man, who claimed to have been deceived by a loan advertisement on Facebook using the name of a well-known bank.
He said the victim was lured by a personal loan advertisement on May 21 offering fast approval, before being instructed to make several payments purportedly for loan processing and approval.
“The victim made nine money transfers into nine different accounts in stages to secure the agreed loan amount of RM500,000,” he said in a statement today.
Yusof said the victim realised he had been scammed after failing to receive the promised loan and later lodged a police report. The case is being investigated under Section 420 of the Penal Code for cheating. — Bernama
Date: 24 May, 2026 5:00 pm
Source: Malay Mail
💬 Join the Conversation! 💬
We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!
