KL police say personal grudge behind petrol attack on woman at Kepong lottery outlet

Share this page

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 19 — Police believe a personal grudge was behind an incident in which a man allegedly poured petrol on a woman and set her alight at a lottery outlet in Taman Pusat Kepong on August 9.

Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Fadil Marsus said this when confirming details of the case, according to a report by The Star.

He said officers arrested a 59-year-old local man in Kepong yesterday to assist investigations.

Comm Fadil said initial findings indicated that “the motive was a personal grudge linked to lottery numbers,” adding that the suspect and victim were not related but knew each other.

“We will apply for a remand order against the suspect today to assist in investigations,” he added.

He said the victim, a 62-year-old counter attendant, suffered burns to about 50 per cent of her body and remains hospitalised under sedation.

He said police received a call at about 8am on the day of the incident reporting that a woman had been attacked by an unidentified man, as previously stated by Acting Sentul OCPD Supt Jasni Zolpa.

He said the case remains under investigation.

Date: 19 August, 2026 2:14 pm
Source: Malay Mail

💬 Join the Conversation! 💬

We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!

Click here to join the discussion now! 🚀

💡 Want your business featured here?
Click here to advertise with us →
Scroll to Top