Man, 35, dies after motorcycle strikes lorry left without fuel on Tumpat flyover

Share this page

Malay Mail

TUMPAT, Aug 17 — A 35-year-old motorcyclist was killed when his Yamaha 135LC struck the rear of a parked lorry on the Wakaf Bharu flyover here yesterday evening.

The accident happened at about 5pm as the victim was riding from Kota Bharu towards Pengkalan Kubor, Berita Harian (BH) reported.

Tumpat district police chief Assistant Commissioner Mohd Khairi Shafie said the lorry had been left on the left shoulder of the flyover after running out of fuel. The victim was believed to have collided with its right rear section while negotiating a bend.

He told BH that the man suffered severe chest injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene by a medical assistant. The body was later sent to Tumpat Hospital for a post mortem, which confirmed the cause of death as multiple fatal injuries sustained in the crash.

Police are investigating the case under Section 41(1) of the Road Transport Act 1987.

Members of the public with information are urged to contact the Tumpat district traffic investigation officer at 09 7257222 or visit the district traffic office.

Date: 17 August, 2026 10:00 am
Source: Malay Mail

💬 Join the Conversation! 💬

We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!

Click here to join the discussion now! 🚀

💡 Want your business featured here?
Click here to advertise with us →
Scroll to Top