Man suspected of stabbing woman in neck near Alor Setar remanded four more days

Share this page

Malay Mail

ALOR SETAR, May 24 — A 32-year-old man suspected of stabbing a woman he knew in the neck inside a car in Titi Gajah, Kepala Batas, near here, has reportedly been remanded for another four days.

According to a report in Berita Harian, Magistrate Nur Syifa Mohd Hamzah issued the extension order at the Alor Setar Magistrates’ Court today, after the suspect’s initial seven-day remand expired.

Kota Setar police chief Assistant Commissioner Syed Basri Syed Ali reportedly said the remand had been extended until Wednesday to assist investigations.

He said the 35-year-old victim, who is being treated at Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah, is now stable and conscious.

It was previously reported that the woman was stabbed on the right side of her neck while inside a car in front of a restaurant along Jalan Titi Gajah in Kota Setar at about 9.19pm last Sunday.

The suspect was arrested more than four hours later while hiding near a mosque in Taman Uda.

Police later recovered a six-inch rambo knife believed to have been used in the attack after the suspect led them to a paddy field the following day.

The case is being investigated under Section 326 of the Penal Code for causing grievous hurt with a weapon.

Date: 24 May, 2026 2:00 pm
Source: Malay Mail

💬 Join the Conversation! 💬

We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!

Click here to join the discussion now! 🚀

💡 Want your business featured here?
Click here to advertise with us →
Scroll to Top