Mum claims primary school bullies broke son’s arm, Kedah Education Dept investigating

Share this page

Malay Mail

ALOR SETAR, May 24 — The Kedah Education Department (JPN) is investigating the alleged bullying of a primary school pupil in the state, following media reports on the matter yesterday.

State education director Abdul Rahim Mat said the department views the allegations seriously and guaranteed a transparent and thorough investigation to ensure justice for the victim.

He warned that strict disciplinary action would be taken against anyone found guilty.

“All educational institutions under the purview of the Kedah Education Department are reminded to take preventive measures to combat bullying. Any such incident must be addressed immediately based on established guidelines,” he said in a statement today.

Media reports previously highlighted that a nine-year-old boy was allegedly bullied in three separate incidents at a primary school in the Kubang Pasu district.

The victim’s mother claimed the incidents, involving three different pupils, occurred on May 17 last year, as well as on March 26 and May 17 this year, leaving her son with a fractured arm and bruises on his cheek and eye.

The housewife said the repeated abuse had traumatised her son, making him afraid to attend school. She has since lodged a report at the Kubang Pasu District Police Headquarters and transferred her child to another school. — Bernama

 

Date: 24 May, 2026 7:00 pm
Source: Malay Mail

💬 Join the Conversation! 💬

We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!

Click here to join the discussion now! 🚀

💡 Want your business featured here?
Click here to advertise with us →
Scroll to Top