
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 19 — Police have arrested a suspect in connection with the Aug 9 attack on an elderly woman who was doused with petrol and set alight at a lottery outlet in Taman Pusat Kepong.
Sentul Police acting chief Supt Jasni Zolpa confirmed the arrest when contacted.
“Yes, the suspect has been arrested and a press conference will be held today,” he said.
The elderly woman suffered burns to about 50 per cent of her body after she was doused with a liquid believed to be petrol and set alight at the premises.
Jasni said police were alerted at about 8am that the 62-year-old victim, who worked at the counter, had been attacked by an unidentified man. — Bernama
Date: 19 August, 2026 9:15 am
Source: Malay Mail
💬 Join the Conversation! 💬
We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!
