
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 22 — A Malaysian man detained by Pakistani authorities during a raid on a fraudulent call centre in Islamabad recently has been released and has safely returned home.
Bukit Aman Commercial Crime Investigation Department (CCID) director Datuk Rusdi Mohd Isa said investigations found that the 32-year-old man had no connection with the scam syndicate being investigated by the Pakistani authorities.
He also confirmed that the man was the only Malaysian arrested in the special operation.
“He has been released and has returned to Malaysia,” he said briefly when contacted by Bernama today
Rusdi said the CCID would record the man’s statement to assist further investigations into the incident.
Previously, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohd Khalid Ismail said a special team had been dispatched to Pakistan to investigate reports regarding the detention of Malaysians suspected of involvement in an online scam syndicate.
The Malaysian was among 258 foreign nationals detained by Pakistani authorities during the raid on the scam call centre. — Bernama
Date: 22 August, 2026 6:28 pm
Source: Malay Mail
💬 Join the Conversation! 💬
We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!
