Police probe sudden death after body of man found in drain near George Town shophouses

Share this page

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 21 — A 37‑year‑old man was found dead in a drain beside a row of shophouses along Jalan Kedah in George Town this morning.

The New Straits Times reported that passersby alerted police at 9.26am after discovering the man unconscious in the drain.

North-east district deputy police chief Superintendent Lee Swee Sake said initial checks identified the deceased as a local man from Kapar, Selangor.

He said police believed the man had been homeless and staying in the area where he was found.

“A forensic team from the Penang police headquarters conducted further investigations at the scene and on the body, but found no elements of foul play,” he said.

He said the body was sent to the Penang Hospital Forensic Department for a post‑mortem scheduled for tomorrow.

Police have classified the case as a sudden death report, and investigations are ongoing.

Date: 21 May, 2026 6:00 pm
Source: Malay Mail

💬 Join the Conversation! 💬

We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!

Click here to join the discussion now! 🚀

💡 Want your business featured here?
Click here to advertise with us →
Scroll to Top