Police record Tony Pua’s statement over Facebook post on monarchy, Rukun Negara

Share this page

Malay Mail

KUALA LUMPUR, May 21 — Police recorded former Damansara MP Tony Pua’s statement today over his Facebook post that allegedly touched on sensitive issues involving the constitutional monarchy and Rukun Negara.

Bukit Aman Criminal Investigations Department (CID) director Datuk M Kumar said the Selangor CID was still taking Tony Pua’s statement at the Selangor contingent police headquarters.

“Investigations are being conducted under Section 505(b) of the Penal Code, for making a statement that causes public mischief and Section 223 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998,” he said when contacted here today.

A total of 77 police reports have been lodged throughout the country against him so far, Kumar added.

The DAP Disciplinary Committee chairman was called up earlier today by the police to provide his statement after he reportedly issued a statement saying that Malaysia practices a Constitutional Monarchy system in which the King’s power is generally limited to certain areas.

The statement is believed to have been made following the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah’s, decree advising Seri Kembangan state assemblyman Wong Siew Ki and former Selangor executive councillor Ronnie Liu to visit Dataran Selangor once a week to understand and appreciate the true meaning of the Rukun Negara. — Bernama

Date: 21 May, 2026 8:00 pm
Source: Malay Mail

💬 Join the Conversation! 💬

We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!

Click here to join the discussion now! 🚀

💡 Want your business featured here?
Click here to advertise with us →
Scroll to Top