
KOTA KINABALU, May 21 — The number of flood evauees in Beaufort remained largely unchanged at 338 people from 121 families as of 8am today, compared with 336 people from 119 families recorded at 8pm yesterday.
The Sabah Disaster Management Committee Secretariat, in a statement, said that all evacuees are currently being housed at the Selagon permanent relief centre (PPK), which was opened at 3pm last Tuesday (May 19).
It said that of the total evacuated, 183 are adults and senior citizens, while the remaining 155 are children and infants.
“The number of villages affected by the floods increased to 11 this morning, compared with 10 villages last night. No casualties have been reported so far,” it said. — Bernama
Date: 21 May, 2026 11:04 am
Source: Malay Mail
💬 Join the Conversation! 💬
We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!
