SHAH ALAM, May 18 — The Selangor State Government is considering raising the rental rates of the People’s Housing Project (PPR) in stages as part of efforts to improve infrastructure maintenance within the housing scheme.
State Housing and Culture Committee chairman Datuk Borhan Aman Shah said the move followed the takeover of PPR management by Perumahan dan Hartanah Selangor Sdn Bhd (PHSSB) under an agreement between the Housing and Local Government Ministry (KPKT) and the state government.
He said the RM124 rental rate would be increased, but the amount has yet to be determined pending the completion of engagement sessions with residents.
“The PPR, which accommodates 3,000 residents, needs comprehensive maintenance, including repainting of buildings, cleaning of water tanks and lift repairs.
“We will upgrade the existing facilities because once we take over, we will of course provide the best service,” he said after the signing ceremony of the memorandum of understanding (MoU) on the takeover of the management of PPR Lembah Subang 1, Petaling Jaya, with KPKT here today.
Also present were KPKT secretary-general Datuk Dr M. Noor Azman Taib and Selangor state secretary Datuk Dr Ahmad Fadzli Ahmad Tajuddin.
Borhan also said the state government had received RM2.3 million from KPKT for a one-year period to assist in the management and maintenance of the area.
According to him, PHSSB, which has experience in managing the Smart Sewa programme, will introduce a more structured system, including access cards and parking controls, to improve management of the PPR area involved.
Meanwhile, he said the state government is conducting an investigation into cases of PPR tenants subletting units to third parties, and has also summoned those involved to verify their status before further action is taken.
“We found that many of them are subletting their units to others, and we feel this is unfair to other residents,” he said.
In another development, the Tanjung Sepat State Assemblyman (ADUN) said enforcement action against pig farming in Tanjung Sepat will be implemented from July 1, following a six-month grace period previously given, with some operators having since relocated or ceased operations in the area. — Bernama
Date: 18 May, 2026 5:00 pm
Source: Malay Mail
💬 Join the Conversation! 💬
We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!
