Tabung Haji: Six Malaysian pilgrims have died so far in 2026 haj season

Share this page

Malay Mail

 

 

MAKKAH, May 19 — A Malaysian haj pilgrim died here yesterday after suffering a heart attack.

Lembaga Tabung Haji (TH) said the 63-year-old woman from Setiu, Terengganu, had travelled to the Holy Land with her husband and was part of group KT19 staying at the Abraj Al-Janadriyah Hotel.

It said she was pronounced dead at King Faisal Hospital at 5.53 am local time.

“The body was taken to Masjidil Haram for funeral prayers after asar before being laid to rest at Al Sharayea cemetery in Mecca,” it said in a statement.

TH extended its condolences to the family of the deceased and prayed that her soul be blessed and placed among the righteous.

To date, six Malaysian pilgrims have died in the Holy Land since the start of the 2026 haj season. — Bernama

 

Date: 19 May, 2026 10:00 am
Source: Malay Mail

💬 Join the Conversation! 💬

We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!

Click here to join the discussion now! 🚀

💡 Want your business featured here?
Click here to advertise with us →
Scroll to Top