
JOHOR BAHRU, Aug 22 — A total of 99,693 pieces of scam-related content on social media platforms were removed as of July 15 this year, exceeding the 98,503 taken down throughout 2025.
Deputy Communications Minister Teo Nie Ching said 106,268 requests had been submitted to social media platforms such as Meta, TikTok and YouTube to remove such content during the same period, compared with 102,113 requests throughout last year.
“There is a slight difference because although the requests are submitted by the MCMC (Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission), the platforms have the final say on whether to remove the content.
“However, for scam-related cases, the platforms’ compliance rate is usually above 90 per cent,” she told reporters after the Johor Madani Kita Programme (PMK) at the Taman Desa Skudai Community Hall here today.
Meanwhile, in conjunction with National Month, she reminded the public to fly the Jalur Gemilang in accordance with the proper guidelines.
She said the Information Department (JaPEN) is also conducting the ‘1 House 1 Jalur Gemilang’ campaign from August to September to encourage Malaysians to fly the national flag.
Teo said the campaign was also aimed at reminding the public to fly the Jalur Gemilang correctly.
“…we have received many complaints that the action taken by local authorities or the police differs depending on the location.
“I believe this is also an issue that requires our attention, as we do not want to discourage the public from flying the Jalur Gemilang,” she said. — Bernama
Date: 22 August, 2026 2:37 pm
Source: Malay Mail
💬 Join the Conversation! 💬
We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!
