KUALA LUMPUR, May 18 — Minister Hannah Yeoh said she is seeking a high-level briefing from the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) this week to get a full update on the investigation into the controversial alienation of land at the Batu and Jinjang flood retention ponds.
The minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Federal Territories) said her office is arranging the urgent meeting to understand the outcome of the probe.
The issue gained national attention after it was revealed that the critical water bodies had shrunk by 70 per cent of their original size.
The Segambut MP stated that the briefing will involve all key agencies, including the Federal Territories Department, Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL), and the Federal Territories Land and Mines Office, New Straits Times reported.
“We have contacted MACC to obtain a full briefing on the outcome of the investigation, and arrangements are being made to hold it this week,” Yeoh said at a press conference today after launching a new sprint track at SJKT Segambut.
The minister previously described the reduction of the ponds as a “foolish decision,” revealing last week that 17 land lots within the zones were transferred to private developers starting from 2015.
While MACC had reportedly found no element of corruption in the transactions, Yeoh indicated she was not satisfied and required a more detailed explanation.
Following the revelation, she ordered an immediate freeze on all development permissions for the remaining lots.
Yeoh has vowed to update the public and media on the matter after the briefing concludes.
Date: 18 May, 2026 1:05 pm
Source: Malay Mail
💬 Join the Conversation! 💬
We’ve disabled comments on our posts and pages to keep the discussions organized and lively! But don’t worry – the conversation isn’t over. Head over to our forum and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback with the community! It’s the perfect place to connect, learn, and engage with others who care about the same things. We can’t wait to hear from you!
